Image Map

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Birthday Cake - NAILED IT!

I just have to share this. Not everything I make turns out as planned! This is REAL LIFE! I am not going to publish my only perfect recipes or crafts. I also want to share with you my funny mishaps and moments that definitely DID NOT work out! I've had my share of recipes that didn't turn out, but this one "takes the cake," pun TOTALLY intended.

This was my effort at my son's birthday cake yesterday. It brought some much needed comedy and relief to my day. I had found this cake idea in a magazine ages ago and kept it just in case my little boy would want a cake like this! It had the recipe and it seemed simple enough that I could give it a try. Well, my Connor LOVES Captain America, so much that this is his third super hero party. (The other 2 he didn't really care what the theme of his party was.) He also loves motorcycles so I printed and cut out this picture of Captain America riding a motorcycle and decided the perfect cake to put it on would be this 
"dirt mound cake."

I wish there was a hidden camera in my kitchen, because I would have made a million dollars on America's funniest home videos! I was laughing, squealing and ugly/funny crying for over an hour as the cake kept falling, crumbling, and moving as I frosted it. Tears of continuous laughter streaked my face as I tried to keep it somewhat upright. Frosting splattered my walls, cake crumbs were all over my floor, and frosting covered my hands as I attempted to adjust it to keep it from falling over. This cake was the funnest, most HILARIOUS cake I have ever attempted; too bad I was the only one to witness this shenanigan. I took lots of pictures so I could share my "NAILED IT" moment with you!

NOTE TO SELF: Just because it looks easy in a magazine or on Pinterest, doesn't mean it will always end up like the picture. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Needless to say, Buddy the Cake Boss will NOT be begging for my assistance in his bakery. 

But Hey! I should get points for it looking realistic don't you think?!







No comments:

Post a Comment