Image Map

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Scripture Candy 2

Guess what?! I was just at Girls Camp AGAIN! My husband and I were talking, and in our 9 years marriage I have gone to Girls Camp 7 of those years. What can I say? I ADORE Girls Camp, and LOVE the youth of our church! Girls Camp is a place where Leaders and Young Women can be themselves; while having a safe, fun and spiritual environment to reboot and strengthen their testimonies of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Well, it is a big deal at Girls Camp to have "Secret Sisters." Secret Sisters is where you draw a name the first day of camp, and give that "sister" small gifts throughout the week of girls camp without them knowing, hence the "secret" part. I have been to my fair share of Girls Camps. So far, I have been to 14 years of Girls Camp. Every Girls Camp is unique and different, but always amazing! In those 14 years of girls camp, I've picked up a few tricks of the trade. I will be posting more details and ideas of my Girls Camp adventures later on. 

Over the years, I have received, and seen MANY different secret sister gifts. They range from extravagant to last minute/thrown together. You have girls that spend days, and DAYS working on special secret sister gifts. While other girls stick a penny on a piece of scrap paper and put, "A penny for your thoughts." While both are obviously acceptable and appreciated, my sister, Candace and I, came up with a "leveling of the playing field" way for secret sister gifts.

We decided last year that everyone would bring candy bars! Other options were fruit snacks, trail mix, gold fish, pretzels, etc. It's edible, portable, won't break and can be eaten at camp. No tiny "fun size" candy bars, no "jumbo/king" candy bars, just NORMAL sized candy bars. PRE-PACKAGED snack sized "snacks," nothing in a ziplock bag. (We don't want a ziploc bag of old potato chips from their house, EWW!) 

The thing that made these special was, you had to put a spiritual quote, scripture or uplifting saying on it! 

Last year was our first year and it was a HUGE HIT! Some wards covered all the secret sister gifts for their girls, so everyone from that ward gave the same thing! GREAT! Other wards had each girl in charge of their own, AWESOME! The girls loved getting a snack/treat at camp they could eat there or save for later... 99% of candy gifts were eaten at camp.
Last year I posted my personal Secret Sister Candy Bars I was giving, and this year I did the same thing only with different candy bars.

So here they are! Secret Sister Scripture Candy #2

(These also make fun Visiting Teaching Pick Me Ups!)


1. Almond Joy
"God didn't design us to be sad, He created us to have -> JOY!"
- President Uchtdorf
Isaiah 55:12

2. Orbit
"God is deter"mint" to make of us more than we thought we could be."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

3. Dove Chocolate
"Do small things with great -> LOVE"
-Mother Teresa
Deuteronomy 30:16

4. Take 5
Take 5 TO CALL!
Jeremiah 29:12&13

http://cookandcraftmecrazy.blogspot.com/2016/07/scripture-candy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment