One of our family's most favorite thing to do these days is make our own personal pizzas. My kids love making shapes out of the dough - (as you can see my daughter made a heart) along with "decorating" them with their cheese and pepperoni. This is our favorite pizza dough recipe! It's fluffy and light - not to mention it only takes 20 minutes to make! My kids also LOVE to help me make homemade pizza sauce. We get the whole family involved when making pizzas and it's a BLAST! Make one large pizza for the whole family or small personal pizzas.
Dinner time = Family Time
Homemade Pizza Sauce
1 quart Canned Stewed Tomatoes
1/2 Onion - chopped
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove
3 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Italian Seasonings
1. Drain the canned tomatoes
2. Saute' the chopped onion in a small sauce pan with 1 tsp. Olive Oil.
3. Blend together the drained tomatoes, saute'd onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and salt
4. Pour the blended sauce into the small sauce pan used to saute' the onion. Add the Italian Seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes.
Homemade Pizza Dough
I have never made homemade pizza crust, so I found a fast and easy version of pizza crust HERE and used their recipe. IT'S DIVINE - fluffy like breadsticks!
1 pkt fast rising Yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp.)
1 tsp. White Sugar
1 c. Warm Water
2 1/2 c. Flour (I used unbleached all purpose flour and it was delish)
2 T. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F).
2. In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let sit until creamy, about 7-10 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour, salt, and oil. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll out - making sure all "personal" crusts are even thickness so cooking will be even.
(*You don't want one person's pizza to be burnt and one to be under cooked!)
Make your PIZZA!
When dough and sauce are all made - start making your pizzas! Place the rolled dough onto the lightly greased cookie sheet.
Start adding you toppings! Sauce - cheese - pepperoni - olives - bacon - peppers - onion etc.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Linking up here