Image Map

Monday, September 7, 2015

Personalized Tie Ribbon - Man Gift

I don't know about you, but I always have a crazy hard time finding gifts for my dad and father-in law. Purchasing men's gifts is a struggle I know I will continue to have, but this year I am ready! I came up with something I thought would be thoughtful and practical. Both men love ties and both men love their grandchildren. So what better idea than to combine the two? Personalize their ties with a little ribbon of love? Take a look!




On the back of each tie, is a ribbon stating the brand of the tie. I simply replaced the "brand" ribbon with a personalized ribbon. 

1. Take white ribbon, about the same width of the "brand ribbon" and have your child write their name, or a simple message, like "I love you" with a THIN permanent marker.

2. "Seal" the raw edges of the ribbon with a match or lighter. (Bring the edge of the ribbon close to the flame and it will "melt" the edges of the ribbon and seal it so it doesn't' fray! Pretty great!)

3. Fold and hand sew the ribbon over top of the "brand ribbon." 
(BE SURE NOT TO SEW ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE TIE! 
Sew just enough to catch the fabric to keep the ribbon in place.)

4. You can choose to cut or seam rip out the "brand ribbon" or just leave it there. 

5. Wrap it and deliver!



Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment