Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Patriotic Pillows

I just finished these patriotic pillow covers yesterday. I was so excited to share them with you! They MAKE my couch! I love the 4th of July especially being in the Air Force. I have always had a special place in my heart for this patriotic holiday. I hope this gives you some ideas for your couch, bench or bedroom. 





The white and red airplane along with the "flag" pillow both are made with freezer paper stencil. SO FUN! Here are simple directions for the "flag" pillow.


On a piece of freezer paper trace the image you want to cut out. See the stars I got on the internet in the top right corner?


Round the edges of the stencil. (it sticks better when ironed)


Take an Exacto knife and cut out the stars over a piece of cardboard or a cutting board.


 

Iron the freezer paper stencil onto the pillow case. Be sure to get the corners REALLY good.


Line with foil inside so the fabric paint doesn't bleed through to the other side.


Paint the stencil evenly. If streaks are left with paint it will stay that way. Let dry and add another layer of paint. I painted 3 layers.


When completely dry peel the freezer paper off to reveal...


THIS! What a beauty!



Linking up here

1 comment: