Image Map

Monday, April 28, 2014

Pampered Hot Pad

I am thrilled to tell you one of my dearest and oldest friends is getting married! I was so excited to attend her Bridal Shower and knew I just had to make a cute gift. I decided to make my Kitchen in a Mitten, but I couldn't find any cute oven mitts I liked. So I got a simple oven mitt and some plain hot pads knowing I had the perfect fabric to primp them up! My mom showed me how to take a plain hot pad and pamper it to look pricey! So EASY and one of a kind!


Take your Dollar Store Hot Pads and place them on the fabric. Leave a small border like so, and cut around the hot pad.


Place your cut out square on the hot pad. 
 Fold over the "raw" edge of fabric pinning as you go.


Here it is all pinned.


Sew around the edges you pinned.


Turn OVER the hot pad you just finished sewing, and sew along the patterned lines. 
(You can sew just a couple lines, or you can sew all of the lines, it's your choice)

It needs to be sewn all together, or it will gap in between the layers of fabric wen when pushed together to grab a hot pan or plate.


As you can see I sewed just on the diagonal lines- I didn't want the "cubes" 



I wrapped the hot pads around the plain brown oven mitt to make my...
KITCHEN IN A MITTEN! 
SO CUTE!




Linking up here

2 comments:

  1. I've just been talking about doing something like this to freshen up my old potholders!!! Great tutorial! also, featuring at my weekend Create Link Inspire features.. I've spread the news all around my social media and tagged you ;o) Would love a reshare or two ;o) Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to Create Link Inspire at The Crafty Blog Stalker. You have been featured and pinned! Thank you for sharing.
    --Katie, TheCraftyBlogStalker.com

    ReplyDelete