Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

Chicken Asparagus Brown Rice Bowl

I love one pan wonders, I believe I've said that before. I especially love them for a quick lunch. Just throw whatever meat and veggie you have on hand, and toss it over some brown rice. DELISH! Done in under 10 minutes, and easy to clean up! My husband and I have been on an Asparagus kick for the past couple weeks. We made the Light Asparagus Fettuccine, and we just saute some up in olive oil and eat them like they're going out of style! Check out my latest "stir-fry" version using our new found love, Asparagus!


Chicken Asparagus Brown Rice Bowl

Take 1 chicken breast and slice it VERY thin. Place chicken strips on a  skillet with a dash of olive oil. Start cooking on about med/high heat
Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder, onion salt, and parsley flakes on top of the chicken as it's cooking

Cut up some asparagus into small bite size pieces and throw those into the cooking chicken. Keep stirring or flipping the food in the pan as it cooks. 

This is where you can get creative... Add in
Onion
Peppers
Celery
Carrots
etc.

Into the skillet as it's cooking. I like my veggies a little crispier- so I only cook them with the chicken for 3-5 minutes. If you want them softer, simply cook them longer.

Place in a bowl of cooked brown rice and drizzle some of our favorite Stir-Fry Sauce over top!
DELISH!







Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment