Image Map

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Minnie Mouse Cupcakes

We recently celebrated our little June's 3rd Birthday! My, oh my how time flies. We've been talking about this Minnie Mouse Party for MONTHS and we finally did it! Once June got into Minnie Mouse I knew exactly what I was going to do for her cupcakes! Didn't they turn out SOO CUTE?! They were definitely the bell of the ball! You can make them as simple or as elaborate as you want!
These are the more elaborate ones.


This is where you can choose the easy way or the more elaborate way.
for the simple way, grab your baked chocolate cupcake - simply take 2 Oreos and 2 toothpicks and stick the toothpick half way into the oreo's frosting and the other half into the cupcake to make 2 "ears." 
Then scroll down to the bottom to see how to make the bow. 
For the more "elaborate way" keep reading...




Make a "Double Boiler" by taking a small pan of water and bring to a boil. Take a metal or glass bowl and place it on top. Add in your Chocolate Almond Bark inside and stir until melted. 
(Use an oven mit to hold the bowl, it gets HOT!)
Have a sheet of parchment paper ready on the side
 with your Oreos and toothpicks.


Melt your chocolate down until it's nice and smooth


Stick a toothpick into an Oreo


Dip the Oreo into the chocolate to coat both sides - I laid the oreo onto the chocolate (sideways) instead of dipping straight down - it seemed to work better.


Then lay the chocolate oreo onto the parchment paper - removing the toothpick - you could leave it in if you want - it doesn't really matter


While my oreos's chocolate was setting up I took the left over melted chocolate and "painted/ frosted" my cupcakes with it!


When the chocolate on the oreo's and the cupcakes are set up, take a toothpick and insert it into the chocolate oreo
(unless you already left them in)


Push the toothpick into the cupcake on both sides for both ears! So cute!


For the BOW:

I made a double boiler and melted down White chocolate almond bark - I spooned the melted white chocolate into a frosting bag with a normal tip - it was HOT so I held it with an oven mit then I "drew/painted" white chocolate bows on parchment paper. Just 2 ovals and a small circle for the middle. I let them cool and presto - they peeled right up so I could stand them on my chocolate cupcakes! 

(Sorry I didn't take pictures- the party was about to start and I wasn't done making the games! It was WILD!)

They turned out SO CUTE!



Linking up here


No comments:

Post a Comment