Image Map

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pine Cone & Berry Tree (Christmas Round-Up)

HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE! Christmas is right around the corner and is most definitely my favorite holiday to decorate for! I love all of the colors and the warmth of everything! I am crazy about all of the "cone" trees out there. They are just lovely and simple in my book. Well instead of spending the money on buying some, I decided to make my own! Don't get me wrong it took A LOT of hot glue but it was WELL WORTH IT! I love this tree! So, go raid a tree with small pine cones and make your own! Don't forget to check out the bottom of the post for 8 other AWESOME Christmas creations! 


My little June (almost 3) and I loved pine cone hunting for all of these! She was just as excited as mom when we made this tree!


Grab a styrofoam cone, your hot glue (with a LOT of extra glue sticks) and your pine cones! 


Start gluing from the top down... you will see why soon! 


Keep gluing the pine cones as close together as possible so you don't see the cone underneath.



This is why you start at the top. I didn't think I had enough mini pine cones to cover the whole thing, because it takes  A LOT of pine cones! So I had to cut the bottom of it off! It worked out great!


I finished placing the last of my pine cones around the bottom and was finished. I quickly saw in my bag a few of these "mangy" pine cones that weren't very cute. Well I noticed I had a few spots that the styrofoam under the pine cones showed through so I glued and squeezed them in!



For the berries, I didn't want to run to the craft store and get berries so I thought what could I use that I already have? What about sewing pins?! So I grabbed my pins and a red permanent marker and colored the white, yellow and orange balls!




Stick in the "berries" everywhere you want! I love the little pop of red!
There you have it! I hope you're as pleased with yours as I am with mine!


Check out these other awesome Christmas ideas!


1) DIY Flocked Ball Ornaments by Sugar Tart Crafts
2) African Flower Crochet Stocking by Persia Lou
3) Washi Tape Christmas Tree by Keeping it Simple
4) Ombre Holiday Wreath by Homemade Ginger
5) Christmas White Chocolate Crispies by Cupcake Diaries
6) DIY Chunky Candy Canes by Whistle and Ivy
7) Felt School Picture Ornament by Cutesy Crafts
8) Pine Cone & Berry Tree by Cook and Craft Me Crazy
9) DIY Christmas Stockings by Tiny Sidekick


Linking up here

7 comments:

  1. This is just beautifully rustic, I love it! The pins for red berries are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those little pinecones. And you are so smart to use the sewing pins for berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Brook, I love this!! I really love pinecones during Christmastime, and this is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot! I know your name, I was just typing too fast to realize what I was saying. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go by Brook more than Brooklyn so you are FINE! Bethany! Ha ha xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the little pops of color that the "berries" add. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever with the "berrry" pins! I'll have to keep an eye out for those tiny pincoes this year. they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete