Image Map

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantel

I just LOVE Valentine's Day! The colors, the flowers, the chocolates and the decorations! I love showing others how much I love and appreciate them - especially through letters. This holiday is just like Thanksgiving in my mind. Here is our festive mantel decorations. The vintage cards have a special story - scroll down to see! 
Happy Valentine's Day!





See how to make these cute Paper Heart Sticks - click here!


This is one of my favorite things in my home. My dear Aunt gave me some letters my grandpa kept while he was in the service during WWII. This is a letter his mother (my great-grandma) sent him for his birthday! The post mark is Aug.1944. Pretty amazing! 


This little card from a mother to a daughter, is an old one of my moms! Her mom gave it to her, and now she gave it to me.


This is one of the OLDEST things I have in my house! This card was written to my Grandma's mother - so my Great-grandma from HER MOM! So I have my Great-Great Grandmother's card given to my Great Grandma! How neat is that!? What fun family history



Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment