Image Map

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Copy Cat Cafe Rio Salad Dressing

We are probably the biggest Cafe Rio fans in the world. Ask anyone in our family, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cafe Rio. We also try to make everyone else like it as much as we do! We have tried a few recipes for Cafe Rio's salad dressing and we have finally figured it out! It will make any salad a absolute masterpiece!



 


Copy Cat Cafe Rio Salad Dressing:

3/4 c. Buttermilk
1 c. Mayonnaise (you can also substitute the mayo with sour cream, both ways are delish)
3 T. Dry Ranch Seasoning
2 Tomatillos (remove the green "tissue paper" like skin)
1/2 bunch of Cilantro
2 medium Garlic Cloves
1 small/medium Jalapeno (cut in half and remove seeds)
1 T. Lime Juice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and liquefy until smooth. Refrigerate leftovers for more delicious salads. *The longer it stands in the fridge, the spicier it gets.



Dessert Now, Dinner Later!    Linking up here


5 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it. I'd love for you to come link it up to Foto Friday this week when you get a chance!

    Love the blog, looks great! ;)

    Meg @ BigRedClifford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cafe rio and I don't even live anywhere near any. I live in NJ, but have friends in UT who introduced me to it. My favorite if their cilantro lime vinaigrette. I could drink that stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you through the six sisters' stuff blog hop :) You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! This is my favorite dressing! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays!
    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last time I made this it separated. Did anyone have the same experience or know what I did wrong?

    ReplyDelete