Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

Peanut Butter & Graham Cracker Crust Cream Cheese Pie

Long name I know, but I wanted you to know exactly what makes this dessert so wonderful and absolutely scrumptious! I couldn't choose what to make one day. I was craving something like a cheesecake but didn't want to cook it. I wanted something like a tart but didn't want to take ALL the time to make one. So.... I came up with almost a combination of the two. Its like a cheese cake, but thick like a tart and its in a pie pan. It was SUPER simple, and I loved that I didn't have to bake it. I hate heating up my house now that it's starting to get warmer. Bring on the no bake desserts PLEASE! Here it is ladies and gentlemen, the perfectly smooth and superb Peanut Butter & Graham Cracker Crust Cream Cheese Pie!




Peanut Butter & Graham Cracker Crust Cream Cheese Pie:


Peanut Butter & Graham Cracker Crust:

1 pkg. Graham Crackers blended in a blander until smooth- should make about 1 cup of crumbs
1/4 c. Heaping Peanut Butter
2 T. Melted Butter
1 T. Sugar
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. When mixed thoroughly, press into a pie plate, up the sides and on the bottom evenly. It will be crumbly, but wonderful.


Cream Cheese Filling:

1 c. Sour Cream
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
1/4 tsp. Lemon Juice
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use electric hand mixer or kitchen aid to mix for about 5 min. Using the electric mixers makes the cream cheese more smooth and not lumpy. When all smooth and wonderful, pour into the graham cracker crust and spread evenly. (Don't forget to lick out the bowl!) Garnish with fruit or leave it plain. Cover and refrigerate over night (if you can stand to) and gobble up the next day.



Linking up here



5 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a sucker for peanut butter pie...and I have a recipe that I use that I found online, but this one sounds even yummier. And something about your presentation with the mandarin oranges makes it look all the more appealing. Yum!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! It afforded me the opportunity to stop by here and check out your digs. Lovin' it so far!

    Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Naptime Creations. I like the peanut butter added to the crust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays!

    ~Amber
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete