Image Map

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Skinny Ranch French Fries

I have the feeling I'm going to be making these A LOT this summer. I really don't think I've EVER had better french fries! The flavor between the season all salt and ranch work so well together! One of the good things about them, other than their flavor, is they're BAKED! No frying over here, not in this house. I can't wait to go to my in-laws this summer over the 4th and make these for our BBQ! We skyped them last night and my sweet father in-law said, "we will have a "cook & craft me crazy week."" Ha ha. I am PUMPED! It's so fun to make food for people who you know will  "ooo" and "ahhh" over it! I LOVE making summer BBQ food! Bring on the spring and summer! I am READY! 
By the way, we have about 12-18 in. of snow outside my door! But we need it, to say the least. I'm very happy to see snow. I would rather see snow now than be in a fire pit later. We had too many fires last year. So the more snow now, the less fires later. (I hope!)
Have a wonderful week everyone! Stop by again soon!





Skinny Ranch French Fries

3-4 Small/Medium Potatoes
1 T. Dry Ranch Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Season All Salt

Peel, wash and cut potatoes into strips. In a large ziploc bag place potatoes, ranch seasoning and season all salt. Zip up the bag and SHAKE! When fries are coated place on a VERY greased cookie sheet. (We use olive oil cooking spray) Spread out evenly. Place in the oven on BROIL for about 15 min. Remove from the oven and flip the fries with a spatula. Place back in the oven on Broil for another 4-7 min. Depending on how crisp you want them. 
The second time in they cook A LOT faster. So keep a close eye. Remove and eat quickly. If you are waiting a few min. Keep your oven on warm not broil so they don't over cook. The fries get cold fast, serve and eat up!


Linking up here

I was featured at The Patriotic Pam's Weekend Wowza #10! Take a look!


8 comments:

  1. These look great! I love making french fries, but these sound amazing with the ranch. I am sure my children will love these!! Thanks for sharing the recipe:)
    Shannon@CozyCountryLiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! And I won't even feel bad serving them to my kiddos! And 12-18" of snow in April? That's craziness! I popped over from Six Sisters Stuff--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhhh...these do look so yummy! Pinning! Thanks so much for sharing at the 6 Sisters Party =) Marcy @ day2day SuperMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these look great. Baked FF are good. I've made them before. Thank you for sharing.

    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/frivolous-friday-bacon-corn-pancakes/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I love ranch so i've got to try these :) I would love to have you come link up to my wonderful friend Heather & I's link party > http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2013/04/circle-of-faith-link-party-3.html Hope your having a great day!,

    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ranch on everything! Powder or dressing! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #9.
    ~Amber @ http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I love ranch too! I will definitely be trying these. Pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at skinny! I'm also not a fan of greasy fried foods. The ranch added to these fries looks so good. Will be making these! Thanks for linking these up to Much Ado About Monday. :)

    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete