Image Map

Monday, November 11, 2013

Banana Raspberry Oatmeal Shake

Breakfast or Dessert? Whatever you want to call it, it all came from a blender! This is my most favorite frozen banana concoction yet! We are definitely a banana family. When I found out you could make "banana ice cream" from frozen bananas, I thought it was WILD, but I had to see for myself. I mean, an ice cream that was made from just frozen fruit and milk? Get outta here! Well folks, its TRUE! I have done it many times, like in my Blended Banana Ice Cream - Strawberry Style, or my Banana Ice Cream with Blueberries and Strawberries, or my Very Berry Oatmeal Shake, I'm trying my hardest to get it out there that this is an AMAZING substitute for a dessert that is actually healthy! SUPER SWEET and AWESOME! I call it my newest weakness. Only it's not a weakness because its HEALTHY!
 And I love that I can make this Lactose Free for visiting friends!



Banana Raspberry Oatmeal Shake

In a Blender or Bullet whatever you have, place...
2-4 Peeled Frozen Bananas
1 "normal" Peeled banana
1/4-1/2 c. Frozen Raspberries
1/4 c. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (optional - for a sweet smooth raspberry shake don't add oats)
1-2 cups milk (more or less according to your desires) - almond milk - soy milk ANY MILK 

Place all in a blender and LIQUIFY! HOLY YUMMY IN OUR TUMMIES! This is awesome! 
*Don't forget you can adjust the consistency with the milk, it can be as thick or as thin as you want! 




Linking up here

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I wish I could get my daughter to drink smoothies and shakes for breakfast in the mornings, but no matter what I say she still wont believe they're the same as ice cream. Kids are so strange sometimes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete