Image Map

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Silk Leaf Charger

Need a fun serving accent? I had a whole bunch of left over leaves from my Silk Leaf Table Runner. I thought to my self, "What if you make a serving charger for the table before you use the runner? HEY WHAT A GREAT IDEA!" So I made one! It took me 5-10 minutes. It will remain on my table until our feast of Thanksgiving begins! This gives my table a fun texture and feel of fall. 


First take some scrap materials and a charger or something that has your desired size and trace it onto the fabric


Cut the shape out with sewing scissors


Grab your silk leaves (These were left over from my Silk Leaf Table Runner)


Place the first leaf on the outer edge so the materials underneath doesn't show.


Place the leaves slightly under each other to avoid from seeing the fabric underneath


When starting on the next row, turn the next leaf to over lap the first row of leaves 



Keep sewing around and around, layering the leaves so as little material underneath shows through.


Keep sewing ins circles and circles until you've reached the middle, and finish!




 Linking up here


No comments:

Post a Comment