Image Map

Monday, November 18, 2013

Rice Noodle & Turkey Meatball Bowl

I'm not going to lie - ever since I have made this for dinner one night I got hooked! I make it at least every 3 days for lunch. I AM CRAZY about these meatballs. I had only tried rice noodles at a Chinese buffet once, and loved them but I didn't know I could make them myself! DUH! OF COURSE you can! So, now, I am HOOKED on those as well! The flavor from the meatballs is AMAZING! I am now WILD about ground turkey - it is cheaper, healthier,and MORE FLAVORFUL! I LOVE IT! This looks like a lot of steps but it's done in 20 minutes!



Rice Noodle & Turkey Meatball Bowl

In a small saute pan - place...
1/2 c. Chopped Onion
1/3 c. Chopped Celery
1 T. Olive Oil
Saute until onions are transparent and both are fragrant.

In a bowl combine
1 lb. ground Turkey
1/2 tsp. Ground Sage
1 T. Flour
1 egg
1 handful Spinach - cut into small pieces
Previously Sauted onion and celery
a few dashes of salt and pepper

When all is combined, start forming the meatballs, place them in a greased deep pan (with lid). Brown the balls on one side then on the other - When the other side is browning... Pour
2 c. Chicken Broth (chicken bouillon and water)
Over top. Put the lid on the pan and steam the meatballs for 10 minutes or until done inside.

Cook the Rice Noodles according to package directions.

When noodles and meatballs are done - drain the noodles - and place in a bowl. Add the Meatballs and a spoonful of "meatball sauce" (juice left over in the meatball pan, it has AWESOME flavor)
Add some lettuce and carrot shavings and you're done! DELICIOUS!






Linking up here


2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party. Looking forward to following along here! Great blog!!!! Angela @ LeMoine Family Kitchen {http://lemoinefamilykitchen.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy. I love turkey meatball and rice noodles but have never considered putting them together. Thanks for the idea! Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete