Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

Easy Burlap Banner

HAPPY NOVEMBER 1st EVERYONE! 
I have been wanting a burlap banner for a LONG time now. They are huge on Pinterest and I have always envied them, the only problem was I didn't have a place to put one. Well thanks to my dear friend Amber, she gave me something I ADORE! She came over for a visit and noticed I had a metal sign that said "Love one Another" she looked at it and said, "Do you like these metal kind of things?" I said, "yes I love it, why?"
She said, "I have a metal kind of "shelf" thing that someone gave me and I was about to throw it away, its WAY cool but I just don't have a place for it, do you want it?" I dropped my jaw as she was explaining it to me. I couldn't believe my eyes when on my birthday she showed up at my door with this HUGE, practically MANTEL, shelf thing, amazing copper bracelets she made me and a chocolate bar! Man I do love CHOCOLATE, especially on my birthday! 
I was BEAMING! IT WAS GORGEOUS! 
Now this is my most favorite part of the house and guess what... I have a place for a burlap banner!
Here is the most easiest way to make a burlap banner in all history! This literally took me 20 minutes! I think that might be a record! - I'm going to check!



Cut out a paper triangle of your desired size. Trace and cut out 1 triangle for each letter out of burlap.
When all of the triangles are cut - print out the words WELCOME - or whatever words you want, in the font you want.


The burlap is thin and "holy" so you can see the printed words through it! All you do is trace the letter with a Permanent Marker!


When all letters are traced you are ready to sew.
PULL OUT EXTRA THREAD TO BEGIN WITH SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO HANG THE BANNER WITH!
Sew along all of the tops, at the end of each banner triangle sew a few stitches in between triangles so they don't over lap.



When you are done, PULL MORE EXTRA THREAD TO HAVE MORE TO HANG WITH!


With both ends of the banner having 2 such long strings - I didn't want them to tangle, so I tied them both together in a double knot closest to the burlap as I could, and cut one off so I was left with only 1 long thread on both sides to hang with.

I didn't want to start hammering things into my lovely new metal shelf so I thought of something different! I grabbed 2 thumb tacks and put them into the wall under the lip on the shelf! I tied the strings around it and you can't even see it! AWESOME!



There you have it! A darling Welcome Burlap Banner that was SOO EASY!






Linking up here

1 comment:

  1. Great Banner! I'm such a sucker for anything burlap and any sort of banner!

    ReplyDelete