Image Map

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

Hey! Over here where I live, it's snowwwinggg today! BURRRR.... I am making this soup to warm us up for sure! This is a light but very filling soup. I say, "Yumm-a mia!" I love a good warm soup that stays with you! 


Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

10 c. Water
2 boxes  Rice a Roni Long Grain Wild Rice
1 Stalk Celery - Diced
1/2 Medium Onion - Minced
2 Chicken Breasts - Cubed
1 T. Chicken Bouillon
1 Garlic Clove - Minced
Salt to Taste

In a small saute pan, place cubed chicken, onion and celery with 1 T. Olive Oil. Cook until onions are transparent. (chicken doesn't have to be cooked all through - it will cook in the soup)
In a large pot place, water, Rice a Roni wild rice, bouillon, garlic, and sauted chicken, onion and celery. Simmer until Rice is tender. Salt to taste, and serve with Corn Muffins! YUM!



Linking up here


2 comments:

  1. Mmm, chicken soup sounds so good right now. It's freezing here too, but I can't believe you have snow already! I've made something very similar to this before, but mine was full of butter, cream and fat. Your version looks way more healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I can't wait to make it...thank you!
    I found you on Dessert Now, Dinner Later.
    http://www.excuseourmess.com

    ReplyDelete