Image Map

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Freezer Waffles

My children LOVE having waffles for breakfast, but I hate making them EVERY MORNING! Besides I don't always have the time. So what do I do? I make extra when I DO have time in the morning, I freeze them, and then they are ready to thaw and crisp up in the toaster. They're perfect with a swipe of Peanut Butter and out the door they go! When my kids are in school I know this will be our staple on busy days.


Our "Go To" Waffle Recipe: - I have this taped up on our cupboard door for fast access.

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. Baking Powder
2 T. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. apple sauce
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix until smooth and cook in your waffle iron until golden brown


When waffles are cooked, cut parchment paper into squares and place between the layers of waffles.
(If you don't put wax paper or parchment paper in between they stick together and are a MESS!)



Place the bags of waffles in the freezer.

In the morning take out, and place in the toaster. Cook until warm and crisp.
DELISH!




Linking up here


No comments:

Post a Comment