Image Map

Monday, October 14, 2013

Homemade Hummus

I was introduced to Hummus when I went on an art trip my senior year of high school to Italy and Greece. In Greece we were given this to eat a few different times at restaurants. You eat it with Pita Bread, Toasted French Bread, etc. My awesome mom came with me on the trip and we swore we would figure out how to recreate this! So, this is for you mom, I have DONE IT! I've made our favorite HUMMUS, and it is EASY! How did we not know this?! 
This is an awesome appetizer, snack, or dressing on a sandwich.




Homemade Hummus:

1 16 oz. can Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans)
1 clove of Garlic
2-3 T. Lemon Juice
2 T. Olive Oil
3 T. Chick Pea "Juice"

Drain the can of Chick Peas over a bowl to reserve the "juice." Place drained Chick Peas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and chick pea juice, into a blender. Blend until smooth. We like our Hummus a little thicker, so if you want it thinner, add Tablespoons of chick pea juice into the blender until you've reached your desired consistency. 

Serve with sliced of Italian Bread, crisp Baguettes, Pita Bread, etc. 



Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment