Image Map

Friday, August 9, 2013

Down Home Chicken Noodle Soup

This past week we have been battling NOT getting sick. My husband has a cold and I feel like I am getting one, but I'm trying to fly under the radar. I am sure many of you will agree with me, "WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE SICK!" So this is what I made to sooth my somewhat of a sore throat. One of my favorites, Chicken Noodle Soup over Mashed Potatoes! I call this "DOWN HOME" because all growing up we would eat chicken noodle soup over mashed potatoes. Did you ever do that? If you haven't you will never go back! This is hearty yet soft and soothing. Simple, fast and delicious! Bring on the fall. I am going to come up with so many good soups this fall I will knock your socks off! I LOOOVE  fall, mainly because I get to make me some SOUP!




Down Home Chicken Noodle Soup:

6 c. water
2 c. Egg Noodles
2 T. Chicken Bouillon Granuels
1 garlic clove - minced
1 Carrot- peeled and cut
1 stalk celery - minced
1 chicken breast - cubed
1/4 onion- minced
1/2 tsp. Fresh Parsley- minced
1 tsp. Olive Oil

In a Medium sized pot, start boiling your water with a few dashes of salt. In another pan saute the chicken, celery, onion and carrot in the olive oil. Cook until onions are transparent and chicken is somewhat cooked through. Add the sauteed veggies and chicken to the boiling water. Add in the egg noodles, chicken bouillon, garlic, and parsley. Simmer until noodles are cooked through. Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve over Mashed Potatoes. Delish!



Linking up here



No comments:

Post a Comment