Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Out Back Steak House's Garlic Mashed Potatoes (copy cat)

I am crazy about potatoes as I have previously proclaimed. Well, every time we have visited a restaurant I always examine their potatoes. My most favorite of favorite way to have potatoes is mashed. I love potatoes all ways but mashed is my MOST favorite. So in my years of restaurant "studies" in mashed potatoes, I have come to the conclusion that Out Back Steak House has the best! I have tried to recreate the creaminess with the garlic flavor but have always come up short. I HAVE DONE IT THIS TIME! We even had people over and they said that these tasted like Out Back's Mashed Potatoes! AHHH! YAY! I am BEAMING! So now I share my success with you! 



Out Back's Whipped Garlic Mashed Potatoes (copy cat)

10 small potatoes (7 medium) peeled, rinsed, and cubed.
Place cubed potatoes in water enough to cover. Salt water with 1-2 tsp. Boil until fork tender. (the fork goes into the potato easily and breaks)

Drain the potatoes and add:

3 minced Garlic cloves
1/4 c. (room temperature) butter
1 1/2 c. Milk (I used 1%)
2 T. White Distilled Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Onion Salt
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Parsley

Mix together with you hand blender with your WHIPPING whisk attachments. It made them creamier and very smooth! DELISH! We ate this with out BBQ Chicken


Linking up here

2 comments:

  1. How many servings would you say this recipe makes? I want to make these for Christmas, and we'll have about 18 people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would figure 10 lbs of potatoes for 18 people and then thank the lord for any leftovers you might have,

    ReplyDelete