Image Map

Thursday, August 29, 2013

White Chocolate Oreo Popcorn

I recently made this 3 ingredient popcorn for a Young Women's activity. We had a movie night watching Disney Pixar Short Films. All of the YW loved it! I took a HUGE container of this popcorn and it was a great success! I was completely empty when we were done! We had a wonderful time laughing to "Boundin," "Partly Cloudy," "Jack Jack Attack," and many more. It was our last YW activity before school started, so we wanted it to be fun and relaxing. Every one wore their sweats and we all brought big pillows. What a PARTY, and the perfect popcorn made it even better!



Only 3 INGREDIENT Popcorn?!

White Chocolate Oreo Popcorn

3 "cubes" vanilla flavored Almond Bark
1/3 pkg original Oreo cookies-blended into crumbs (I used my food processor)
2 BIG bowls of popped popcorn

First, make a "double boiler." Funny story for you, I literally learned how to do this on a morning news "cooking show/break." The chef they had visiting, made a double boiler to melt her chocolate. I don't even remember what they made but I learned how to melt chocolate without the microwave! Just goes to show you can learn new things anywhere!

A double boiler is where you get a metal or glass bowl that is larger than a pot. Fill the pot with about  2 c. water.



Bring the water to a boil, USE AN OVEN MIT FOR YOUR HAND IF USING A METAL BOWL!


Place the 3 cubes of Almond Bark inside and stir.



When chocolate is melted, pour half of the chocolate on one big bowl of your popped popcorn. Sprinkle with 1/2 of  the Oreo crumbs, and mix with a large spoon. 
(The Oreo crumbs should stick to the melted white chocolate)

Do the same with the other large bowl of popcorn.

*You might be thinking, "this isn't enough chocolate." Well believe me, the white chocolate flavor goes A LONG way. So that's why you don't need much. Sometimes "less is more."



Linking up here


2 comments:

  1. what kind of popcorn do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking Brooke, I use just normal yellow popping corn. Let me know how it turns out! xo-Brook

    ReplyDelete