Image Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Pies with Peanut Butter Cream

I have to be completely honest. I don't think I've had a better cookie "pie" in all my life. The oatmeal cookies are good by themselves, but nothing I would tell you is the most decadent cookie ever. But the oatmeal cookies WITH the peanut butter "frosting/cream" makes these STUPENDOUS! We have made them 2 times in a row for our dessert night on Fridays. The frosting MAKES these cream pies FABULOUS! I should have taken a picture of our little June tearing into one of these. She was a mess but the happiest 2 1/2 year old around. Talk about a home run!

I got this inspiration from my husband. One of his "said to be" guilty pleasures are Little Debbies Oatmeal Cakes. Which I think we have only purchased one time in the 5 years of our marriage. He said they were his favorite growing up. Well I thought, "why not make some homemade oatmeal cakes sometime?" So I did, and these are BY FARRR better than store bought. Plus they have Peanut Butter in the cookie and the filling, which ALWAYS makes everything better!! I promise you won't regret making these! 




Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies:

3/4 c. Apple Sauce
1/2 c. Creamy Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs

Mix all Liquid ingredients together in a bowl.

1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/4 c. Flour
2 c. Old Fashioned Oats

Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl. When both mixed, combine both bowls and mix together. Grease a cookie sheet and place by spoonfuls onto the pan. Bake at 375 for 10 min. or until golden brown around the edges. 
Remove and place cookies on a cooling rack.


Peanut Butter Cream Filling:

2 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
3 T. Softened butter
1/4 c. Milk
1/4 c. Creamy Peanut Butter

Mix with a hand blender whip until perfectly smooth. Grab a knife and layer cream in between 2 oatmeal cookies. Eat with a glass of milk. DELISH!



Linking up here


No comments:

Post a Comment