Image Map

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Applesauce Bran Muffins

This was originally a recipe with butter or oil, I forget I threw the recipe away for this one! My wonderful mother in-law suggested I make them healthier and put applesauce instead of butter. I thought, "why not?, lets give it a try!" There is no way I am EVER going back. These are more rich, moist and dense. We love them for breakfast or a snack and they're always a big hit with company too. DELISH!



Applesauce Bran Muffins:

1 1/2 c. Wheat Bran
1 c Flour
1 c. Milk
1/3 c. Applesauce
1 egg
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2/3 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla


Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Place muffin batter into cupcake pan with paper liners. Bake at 375 for 15-20 min. Drizzle with honey and eat up! DELISH!

*If there are left overs freeze them and take them out for a quick breakfast or snack! 



Linking up here

13 comments:

  1. The texture on those muffins looks so light, yet moist! Perfect! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays!
    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of wheat bran do you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My in-laws gave me my wheat bran, since I can't find any where I live. It's from a kitchen store called Kitchen Kneads (so cute I know) and its just called wheat bran. It's the husk of the wheat, when they make flour. It costs like $1 for a big bag.

      Delete
  3. Seriously? Yuummm!!!! I love your blog. Hope you visit me sometime- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/03/link-party-every-tuesday.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooklyn. Those look delish. So glad I saw your link on Cheerios and Lattes. I am now following you on twitter and GFC. I love connecting with other crafty people.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com
    Would love for you to stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to look for the wheat bran. My daughter isn't always regular and these seem like they will do the trick. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using applesauce in my muffins! =)
    These sound great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1/3 ____ of applesauce? please help. I'm guessing a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bran muffins! I will have to try this recipe. I think I even know where the kitchen kneads is located LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so excited when I learned I could skip out on the oil and just add applesauce too! Who would have thought?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! I love one bowl recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this delicious easy recipe. Even my PICKY 4 year gobbles them up.

    ReplyDelete