Image Map

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Swirly Bedroom Border

When my sister's family moved into a house who's entire upstairs was painted a sort of mint/ inside of an avocado green. It was EVERYWHERE! The family room, kitchen, ceiling of the bedrooms and bathrooms, it was EVERYWHERE! We painted almost every room, but we kept one half bath and their youngest daughters's room green. The green went with a couple bedspreads they already had. But they wanted their room to be more fun. She showed my mom and I a scrapbook paper with a swirly base. She said she wanted a border to look similar to the scrapbook design. My mom and I love to paint so we were up to the task. However the whole family was going on a week long vacation and I was home visiting family. So we were going to do this as a surprise for when they got home, it would be a "different" room. My mom and I worked for about 4-5 days, in the morning. It was in the middle of summer and the girls's room was ALWAYS in the sun so it BAKED us! I sketched the swirls with a pencil and my mom was behind me with pink and orange paint. When I was done sketching one wall I would help paint that, then start sketching another. It was AWESOME! Talk about team work. When they came home from their trip the girls were funny and pretended to faint. They loved their "new room". This fun swirly border was the perfect solution to fix up a different green room to make it match their personalities. 
Check it out! Maybe you and a few friends or family could do the same to a
 bedroom, play room or bathroom! 






Linking up here

I was featured at Sugar Bee Crafts for my Swirly Bedroom Border. Check it out!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at www.SugarBeeCrafts.com - you were featured yesterday!
    - - Mandy, Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a great treatment! and you just sketched it? did you measure it out or just eye-ball it? I'm pinning. Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just eyeballed it, I have been drawing swirls for EVER- so I was very fortunate I could just go with it. Find someone who "knows their swirls" and it will go by fast! xo

      Delete
  3. so cute!!! this is beautiful! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations! Would love to see a link back next time so I can feature you :o) Come join the party again this week... will open Monday night!
    www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete