Image Map

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pecan Crusted French Toast

When my in-laws came for the weekend, I of course wanted to impress them. I've had this recipe for a while but was to lazy to try it on just us. So, when they came it was the perfect time to try it and they would rant and rave about it. Doesn't everyone love praise?! I had my Bread Machine Honey Wheat Bread made the day before so I could use the "good stuff" on the French Toast. Everything tastes better with homemade bread. I woke up early to get it all ready. I put it all together and VICTORY! My father in-law said when we were done eating, "I've never been much of a french toast fan, but this is the best french toast I've ever had." SCORE! The soft crunch of the pecans will send you to the ROOF! This is INCREDIBLE! Try it you will just die and go to heaven!




Pecan Crusted French Toast

3 eggs
1/4 c. Milk
1 1/2 c. Copped Pecans
1 tsp. Cinnamon
8 Slices whole wheat bread (Bread Machine Honey Wheat Bread)

Preheat oven to 200 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Grab 2 shallow bowls, in one shallow bowl  place your eggs and milk and whisk until combined. In the other shallow bowl place the chopped pecans and the cinnamon, stir until pecans are coated with the cinnamon. Cut your bread into the shape desired (squares, triangles etc). Grab your pan or griddle and turn the heat to medium/medium high. Lightly grease your pan.  Dip one slice of bread, into the egg and milk mixture then into the pecans. Make sure both sides are coated, then lay on your hot pan. Repeat with the rest of the bread. Flip your french toast with a spatula to cook the other side. When your french toast is done cooking, remove from the pan and place in the oven on the parchment paper lined baking sheet to keep warm. When all of your french toast is done cooking you will be able to take the whole pan out of the oven and sit down and eat all together! GENIUS! Serve with your favorite syrup. DELISH!

*Keeping the french toast in the oven didn't dry it out. It was just as wonderful as it could be!

I was featured at The Patriotic Pam! Check it out!
I was featured on High Heels and Grills #23! Thanks guys!
I was featured at Cheerios and Latte's #58! Thanks so much!

Linking up here

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! And your blog is so cute!! Love the colors and design! Thanks so much for stopping by earlier! Have a great Easter weekend! =) - Kate @ i heart eating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn....this earned a feature this week at The Patriotic Pam. Boy your recipes are a hit on my site. Great job!!! Link Party will go live around 7pm tonight!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw these on Google Plus and had to pop over. They are a must try. From the South and just love pecans. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. Please stop by and pay my blog a visit when you have a chance :-) I have a free jewelry giveaway going on right now, ends 4/30. http://jacgems.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks incredible! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays!

    ~Amber
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these sounds incredible! You are a Featured Favorite this week on Cheerios and Lattes! We love having you join us and can't wait to see what you've been up to this week!
    Have a great weekend,
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Thank you for sharing this recipe. My husband used to make that bread in our bread machine. I think this is an excellent reason to pull out the machine and try a new recipe. I can just taste it now. And, I just purchased a bag of pecans. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete