Image Map

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Healthy Pan Fried Rice

I love Chinese fried rice. I'll say it again, I LOVE Chinese fried rice. And when it's easy to make, even better! I started making fried rice and Spanish rice when I was in college, I would play around with different ingredients and finally came up with what you see today. Easy, delicious and healthy! This goes beautifully with my Apricot Chicken, and (coming soon) Orange Chicken. 



Simple ingredients make a simple and delicious side.


Healthy Pan Fried Rice

2 c. Instant Brown Rice
2 c. Water
1 (heaping) T. Diced Carrots
1 (heaping) T. Fresh or Frozen Peas
1 T. Soy Sauce 
1-2 Eggs ((beaten) Your choice in eggs is how much scrambled egg you want in your rice, I don't like much, hence the 1 egg, but you can put as many eggs as you want) 
2 tsp. Olive Oil

In a skillet heat your olive oil. Pour in your instant brown rice, carrots and peas and saute for about 1-2 minutes. Carefully add the water and Soy Sauce, stand back, it boils FAST. Cover and cook on Medium/Low heat until all the water is absorbed. About 7-10 min. When water is absorbed return heat to medium/high and add your beaten egg(s), scramble your egg(s) by folding the rice and veggies over the egg. Stir and fold over, stir and fold over, continue until eggs are done. Add a few dashes of salt and serve! 

Salt and soy sauce to taste. We always keep salt and soy sauce on the table when eating Chinese because everyone likes theirs different, some super salty and some not so much. DELISH!


Linking up here



2 comments:

  1. OHHHHH going to try it, I to love Chinese and have a family who can't get enough.

    Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am so trying this to go with the Asian Chicken I have in the fridge!

    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete