Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Plaid Shirt Pocket Card

Doesn't it just make your day to get a cute card in the mail instead of junk? It sure makes MINE! On any occasion I LOVE LOVE LOVE to receive and send cards. I love this card. It was simple and it's super cute. Any Husband, Dad, Grandpa, Uncle, Nephew, Son, Cousin etc. would love this. I love to make these in bulk, so when I'm in the groove I can pop a whole bunch out at the same time. I have a stalk pile of my cards that I can send out at any time, it's wonderful. Look how cute this is! It can hold a gift card, or money in the pocket or just be cute and 3D with the pop out pocket. I know you have someone in mind. Crank one or 2 or 3 out today, and make someone's day tomorrow!



This can hold money or a gift card



I started with a blank white card. I found a plaid print of scrap book paper I liked and cut out the rectangle for the "shirt" portion, eye balled and cut the "obtuse triangle" collar (I haven't used the word obtuse triangle since 6th grade! ha ha) and the pocket.
I cut out a large pocket of white card stalk and made flaps to fold down. (I used a gift card as my guide on how wide to make the pocket) On the folded creases I glued the pocket down to the plaid "shirt". I then put the plaid scrapbook paper over the white card stalk pocket.
I also bordered the plaid "collar" in white card stalk to give it a pop. Without the borders they fade into the plaid print.
I made 3 buttons out of brown paper. Lastly I grabbed a thin brown sharpie and made my stitches along the pocket, the collar and the X's on the buttons. Simple and adorable. 

*Great for any Birthday or Father's day!


Linking up here

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, definitely doing this for my husband.

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award. Check out my blog for more details.

    Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats

    ReplyDelete